The tiger mosquito is not present uniformly throughout the territory. In Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, it has been present in some municipalities for almost 10 years, and in others it has not yet been detected.
His strenght ? Its power of high and rapid diffusion!
Also, even if you don’t have one at home yet, apply the tips to fight this mosquito !
You will limit the risk of seeing it settle in your home and therefore the inconvenience to which it exposes you:
- Numerous and painful bites, during the day, with a peak of aggressiveness in the morning and at the end of the afternoon and at night.
- Disease risk if the tiger mosquito that bites you is contaminated.
- In some areas, they are so invasive that residents can no longer enjoy their outdoors!
If it is already present in your municipality, the city council is informed and it is possible that it has already implemented control actions in public spaces that require it.
But in private places, it is up to each occupant to apply control measures.
Adopt good practices, not the mosquito!
To do this, here are some guidelines to implement simple and effective actions against the tiger mosquito:
At home in spring Avoid any situation that favors the breeding of mosquitoes!
After the rain :
- Empty containers where water can accumulate.
- Make sure rainwater drains off well.
- Cover stormwater supplies.
In an absence:
- Store or cover all containers where water can accumulate: from the plastic cap to the shower, including children’s toys.
- Check that your pool is working properly.
Around you, educate young and old.
Share these prevention tips with your neighbors and those around you.
It is collective action that will make your actions even more effective!
Get your kids involved!
The tools have been created by EID (Interdepartmental Agreement for Mosquito Control) in order to make children aware of this environmental and health problem.
- Stop the tiger mosquito!
The goal of this treasure hunt? whatthat the whole family can discover, in their garden or on their balcony: the life cycle of the tiger mosquito, their favorite places to lay their eggs and, above all, tips to prevent them from laying their eggs in your home.
To play as a family, click here !
Learn while having fun with this interactive quiz game. You will become unbeatable with mosquitoes and especially with preventive measures.
To test your knowledge, click here !
Protect yourself from mosquito bites
- Wear long clothing and protect your feet and ankles.
- Impregnate your clothes with an insecticide repellent.
- Use skin repellents, they contain an active ingredient that repels insects without killing them. Precautions for use should be observed, consult your doctor or pharmacist.