Every Sunday, the newsroom invites you to discover the essential video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what you should not miss from 07/10 to 07/17.
You have not been able to follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what information you should not miss?
Stop fidgeting, you’ve come to the right place! JVL invites you to discover what novelties have been most successful in the world of your favorite consoles and games in recent days, here are the essentials for the week of 07/10 to 07/17:
- The Last of Us Remake: a scam? A former developer speaks (Monday 07/11)
The Last of US Part I is yet to be released and is already heavily criticized by a number of disgruntled gamers crying foul. A former Naughty Dog employee speaks out on the subject.
- Resident Evil Netflix: time, release date in France and information (Wednesday 07/13)
Netflix reminds us of the premiere date of its Resident Evil series with a short clip and thousands of bloodthirsty zombies.
- Sony launches PlayStation Stars, a program that claims to be advantageous (Thursday 07/14)
Sony is introducing a new program that will be offered to PlayStation players that will allow them to purchase certain rewards.
- God of War Ragnarok: For Cory Barlog, it will be truly ‘AMAZING’ (Wednesday 07/13)
Now that we have finally set the release date for God of War Ragnarok. The creative director of the study, Cory Barlog, gratifies us with small interventions on twitter that increase the hype around the next title from Santa Monica Studios.
- [MàJ] Bayonetta 3: A release date finally revealed on Switch (Wednesday 07/13)
After the leak, PlatinumGames beat ’em all officially announced in a new video confirming the 2022 release date.
- Red Dead Redemption 2: now dead, players bury the game (Wednesday 07/13)
It’s the end of Red Dead Redemption 2’s online mode, Rockstar has announced that it will no longer release major content, and players are already mourning the demise of their favorite game.
- Assassin’s Creed Rift: The next episode should go well in Baghdad (Thursday 07/14)
Information trickles out about the next installment of Ubisoft’s flagship license, Assassin’s Creed. But according to Jason Schreier, a journalist for Bloomberg, the next adventure would take place in Baghdad.
- PS Plus Premium: August 2022 retro games already known? (Friday 07/15)
PlayStation Blog Italia would have caused quite a stir by announcing retro titles a bit early and that will make people happy.
- Red Dead Redemption 2: In the end, hope is allowed for the next-gen version (Thursday 07/14)
The rumors circulating about Red Dead Redemption 2 and its next-gen version are not very reassuring. However, it seems that there may still be some hope.
- Big Bandai Namco releases would circulate on the Web (Tuesday 07/12)
Yesterday we learned that Bandai Namco would have been the victim of a cyber attack. Shortly after, content surfaced showing potential future releases.
- [MàJ] Ubisoft games will soon be unplayable (Monday 07/11)
While we recently learned of the shutdown of the servers for some of Ubisoft’s games, it even looks like this will even lead to the removal of some titles.
- Amazon Prime Day is giving away 30 free games, including some really big EA titles (Tuesday 07/12)
To celebrate summer, Amazon is offering no fewer than thirty games with Prime Gaming, including Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Need For Speed Heat, and Grid Legends.
- Bungie is now part of PlayStation Studios (Friday 07/15)
Last January, PlayStation announced the acquisition of Bungie. However, this still remained to be validated. Now it’s done.
- God of War Ragnarok will use the full potential and strengths of the PS5 (Friday 07/15)
The promotional campaign for Santa Monica Studio’s next title is starting to heat up, and some retailers would indulge in a few minor indiscretions on the features built into God of War Ragnarok.
- Haven Officially Joins PlayStation Studios (Monday 07/11)
A few months after the announcement of Sony’s acquisition of Jade Raymond’s company, the sale was completed and Haven officially became a PlayStation Studios entity.
Feel free to react to this weekly top in the comments!